Logo

1998 BF90 Hydraulic Tilt not working

erickr123

The beginning of this season my Hydraulic Tilt worked when I put my motor down for my first trip. It has gotten stuck at up or down where I need to go the opposite way to get it to go (click up for a second, then down, or vice versa). It actually stopped working during my trip (pump made noise but no movement). It then started working. When I got home I filled the fluid. There was allot of air that escaped when I unscrewed the fill cover and fluid with bubbles came out (not milky). I filled, raised, lowered several times, putting the cap back on while raising and lowering (otherwise the fluid all came out) each time air came out when i opened cap.

Yesterday I went out, came in and I could not get my engine up (pump makes noise but no movement). I drove home with engine down and when I got home tried the tilt again and it went right up. Any thoughts?

​​​​​​​Thanks - Erick

no expert myself...but maybe you have an internal valve problem? Also you may have to run a few more up/down cycles to work more air out of fluid, run a few cycles, fill with fluid, let it sit an hour then cycle up down, repeat..

My 1998 BF90A Trim n Tilt worked well but sometimes would hang up at full tilt, I would have to open the manual screw to drop it, then it was fine until I raised it fully again.. I think it may of had a valve issue? I had it completely rebuilt when it started leaking/weeping fluid from all 3 rods.

Back