Logo

blue goo in carb

sinking in bama

Hi all,I have a force 70 that died suddenly aduring a good mid speed run.When I took the cowl off I noticed a light blue residue or goo o
in carb.I also noticed a fuel leak at filter.I checked for water in tank..none.Strange question...it was very humid,could humid air being pulled in by suction at the leak mix in with my fuel oil mix,50;1 and create the lighter blue residue?

The blue???
What color oil do you mix with the gas?
Most are blue, maybe green.
It's possible the residue is oil left after the gas evaporated?

Fram filter G-2 G-3 or G-12 are a good replacement for the old filter.

If the sound deadener in the cover is going bad it might have pieces going into the carb.
I just remove it.
It really doesn't make much difference in the noise level.

The blue???
What color oil do you mix with the gas?
Most are blue, maybe green.
It's possible the residue is oil left after the gas evaporated?

Fram filter G-2 G-3 or G-12 are a good replacement for the old filter.

If the sound deadener in the cover is going bad it might have pieces going into the carb.
I just remove it.
It really doesn't make much difference in the noise level.
I use quicksilver oil so its blue,the lighter blue residue has the fingerfeel of oil water mix like blown head gasket on car motor.I also noticed condensation beads on base of carb.took sound deadener foam out months back.I replaced fuel pump diaphram 2 months back,but now have leak at screen gasket (I think # 14 on parts list).Thank you for the reply.

Last edited:
Still need compression test.New plugs with two hours use very clean and dry like right out of package.That gasket(#13) wasnot replaced at same time as diaphram ,so I know its degraded and eaten by ethanol.Is cold carb base and condesation beads normal?

Yes the cold base is normal.
You have air being drawn through the throat of the carb.
This drops the temp of the metal and condensation forms.

Back