Logo

Courtesy and Respect...

rick3452

Regular Contributor
Not sure whats going on lately but it seems that so many people are at each others throat. In my eight years on this Forum I have always enjoyed the support and advice of so many wonderful experts who give their time selflessly to help others who enjoy the hobby of boating.
I'm retired (68) and live on the intercostal in Fort Lauderdale. My wife and I purchased a 24 foot deck boat 5.0 Bravo 3 nine years ago and since then have put 2300 hours on it. Because of this Forum and the many Experts that are willing to help I have been able to perform almost all of the maintenance.
To disagree with someones opinion, suggestions, or method of repair can easily be accomplished by simply explaining why you disagree rather than calling the other person a Moron or worse, as we've seen.

You are all an amazing group of people and I/We appreciate all that you do.

Rick

Last edited:
I like to second that. I get my subscription of this forum daily through the winter and through the summer and have recommended others on brand type boat forums that I'm a member of (i.e. Cobalt forum) to post their engine Q's here for the experts to answer.

Not sure whats going on lately but it seems that so many people are at each others throats.
Rick
Yes, I'm sure that we have all noticed that.

I like to second that. I get my subscription of this forum daily through the winter and through the summer and have recommended others on brand type boat forums that I'm a member of (i.e. Cobalt forum) to post their engine Q's here for the experts to answer.
Sab, Rick's comment was primarily referring to how much un-called for disruption and rudeness occurs on this Mercruiser forum.
We do not see this occurring on the other forums.

Civility is essential to understanding between people.

Jeff
Well said!

It is silly and childish to argue among ourselves, especially with the nasty and rude attitudes, rather than having an adult like conversation even when we disagree with one another.
The rude and nasty comments are generally Ego based and are completely un-called for.
All they accomplish is a disruption and a derailment from the original topic, ending up with little to no help for the OP.

There is no reason to be threatened by another member's suggestions.

The best thing about this forum is it’s not moderated by anyone. The worst thing about this forum is that it’s not moderated by anyone.

Jim Marshal moderates this forum.
Either he doesn't care about how rude, nasty, argumentative or disruptive we can be........., or he doesn't care about how rude, nasty, argumentative or disruptive we can be.
I am hopeful that he does start caring.

We don’t need any thought police here. We are all grown ups. If you are offended you can change the channel.

We don’t need any thought police here. We are all grown ups. If you are offended you can change the channel.

yeah but when you create a post and there is a bunch of bull**** going on in it while all you want to do is get your problem resolved, it is pretty f'd up. why should the original poster have to deal with sa bunch of bruise egos who want just shoot down everything one other person says, starting with hello

Yeh well we all have to put up with a constant torrent of BS from every direction. Tighten up your filter and move forward. Or go elsewhere where the people are nice and say nice things about each other and always offer positive feedback and never argue.

yeah but when you create a post and there is a bunch of bull**** going on in it while all you want to do is get your problem resolved, it is pretty f'd up. why should the original poster have to deal with a bunch of bruised egos who want just shoot down everything one other person says, starting with hello
Well said!

Yeh well we all have to put up with a constant torrent of BS from every direction. Tighten up your filter and move forward. Or go elsewhere where the people are nice and say nice things about each other and always offer positive feedback and never argue.
It's this way of thinking that is a large part of the problem.

If anyone wants to report specific posts to me directly please email me: jcole at marineengine dot com Send me a link or some details about the post if you can.

I have messaged kghost and invited him to stick around if he will behave reasonably and drop the aggression.

RicardoMarine, you need to take a closer look in the mirror. For five years (Yes, five years. I've been keeping track.) you and kghost have been nipping back and forth at each other. Your style may not be aggressive, but it definitely takes two to tango! You have been a part of keeping the personal issues going with your comments and cartoons, etc.

If there are other issues with particular users please email me. An email will get to me much faster than a post or direct message.

Back