Logo

03 twin 350's gxi-c- replaced rotor/cap/plugs-stbd NO start after tune up but has spark!

FstaRockr Burns

Regular Contributor
There it is - im totally stumped! ran just fine before - did same on port motor and it re-fired back up instantly.. starboard - NOTHING!

Fyi when doing a spark test I got a big thick yellow arc between screwdriver and bare block metal (about 1/2" gap) on 3 plugs i tested thinking it might be an electrical issue -

Plz help!
S/N:

Also - Tried swapping back the original stuff - same issue! I did notice the magnet in the dizzy was rusted under the rotor- i lightly scraped it with screw driver to see if it was brittle / etc.. and the fuse boz right on top - wonder if the wires there might have come loose.

Pump new and primes when powering on - 2 beeps before starting.

Yellow indicates weak spark. It should be white or whitish/blue.
Also, if this distributor uses a magnetic style triggering device, no metal objects should come in contact with the reluctor and sensor unit.

Last edited:
hi ricardo - yes i do recall seeing a magnet under the rotor, it was quite rusted. Ill take a pic 2moro with my phone.. The spark was very powerful, not a thin line but a huge bolt of lightning and very snappy..

Back