Logo

Eaton Outdrive Replacement bellows

Donzi67

Hello,
I'm trying to locate an Eaton 16 series bellows. I'm unable to find information or parts anywhere. I think some of the Volvo stuff is interchangeable, but I'm unable to confirm. Can anyone help with this? I'm running out of options.
Thank you.

Eaton did tag some of the early Volvo Penta drives..... the 100, the 200 and the 250.
The 250 is of the later generation design, and (short of the main drive gear male yoke, and the driven gear bearing sizes) was basically continued thru the 270, 280, 285 and 275.

I would not be willing to restore or spend any money on the 100 or 200 drive.

Please post several good photos of this drive so that we can help you identify which one you have.

Last edited:
Well, I do not recognize that drive.
If it is an old Eaton, you will have a very difficult time finding parts for it.

My suggestion if you love the boat and are willing to bring it back to life:

Remove the Eaton components and replace the entire system with a Volvo Penta 250, 270, 280 etc.
You can find these at a price that won't break the bank, and you can find parts easily.

As for the engine, if you can find a Borg Warner flywheel cover (bell housing in the auto world) that will mate to the engine, you can use the Borg Warner -slash- Volvo Penta PDS adapter housing.
This will allow for the engine connection to the AQ series V/P drive.

You do have an Eaton Model 16 outdrive. The Volvo boot will not fit this unit. If you like your Donzi I would replace setup with Volvo or Mercruiser. Donzi did sell the boats with Volvo outdrives attached to Interceptor V8's.

The OP has not been back since June.... but as long as we're here.........

............ If you like your Donzi I would replace setup with Volvo or Mercruiser.

The Eaton transom cut-out would appear to be too large for a Merc drive, and may even be too tall for the AQ series Volvo Penta.
None-the-less, I would see if you could go with a later AQ series Volvo Penta drive.

Back