Logo

Has anyone bought an outboard from Suzuki outboard team.com

Greenfeet1983

Has anyone bought an outboard from Suzuki outboard team.com...Just curious if it’s a scam or what this is about but it doesn’t seem like they have a Lotta reviews..Just curious

No, it is not a scam. The company is actually called PORTA-BOAT International. They make the fold-a-boats. They have been in business for years, and are a Suzuki dealer, for up to I believe, 30 Horsepower. We bought a 2018 Suzuki DF6A for our Trawlers tender, from them. They are nice enough, and the prices are good, but the engine has been a lemon. Just make sure you have a Suzuki servicing dealer nearby, because this seller does not do service. They are in Mountain View, CA. and the nearest service is in Sausalito or Antioch. We have had multiple problems with the engine and believe we got a lemon. Thy would not take the engine back, and we have had five failures with stuck valves. It went to the shop in Antioch to be torn apart, and rebuilt, but it still has the same problems and will be going back to the shop again. It is still under warranty, and I hope they can resolve the obvious factory defects before the warranty expires this October.

Last edited:
Not a happy experience with them. I purchased a 2014 2nd gen 20HP motor (on clearance) from Suzuki Outboard/Porta Bote. It was advertised as "never used and with warranty" (I have emails and screenshots). Motor was delivered fast, about a week but it was a 2013 1st gen model and the warranty was already registered 6 years ago and expired in 2017 (as confirmed by a local Suzuki dealer) So the motor was sold previously to another customer, and was possibly used and refurbished. Cindy, the sales manager is a bully that is verbally attacking if I start asking questions about it. I don't let my children speak to me in this tone of voice as she did to me. It was a disgrace. Sandy Kaye, the president is a nice person but offered zero solution to the problem. I will be contacting Suzuki Headquarters and I would not be returning to this dealer again.

Not a happy experience with them. I purchased a 2014 2nd gen 20HP motor (on clearance) from Suzuki Outboard/Porta Bote. It was advertised as "never used and with warranty" (I have emails and screenshots). Motor was delivered fast, about a week but it was a 2013 1st gen model and the warranty was already registered 6 years ago and expired in 2017 (as confirmed by a local Suzuki dealer) So the motor was sold previously to another customer, and was possibly used and refurbished. Cindy, the sales manager is a bully that is verbally attacking if I start asking questions about it. I don't let my children speak to me in this tone of voice as she did to me. It was a disgrace. Sandy Kaye, the president is a nice person but offered zero solution to the problem. I will be contacting Suzuki Headquarters and I would not be returning to this dealer again.

Stay away from this ****ty company, and Suzuki outboards. They offer no service after the sale. Buyer beware. The engines are cheap junk, made of inferior materials, that corrode when exposed to a Marine environment. We have to free up stuck valves every time we want to use the engine we bought from these people.

We purchased three at the same time in 2020 two are fine the third one model Df25ats3 has been nothing but a total nightmare. Very dis satisfied! Please share. Has anyone else had these problems? MODEL DF25ATS3 SERIAL NUMBER 140455 CONTROL# 502612134 PURCHASED 12/09/2020 PLEASE LET ME KNOW..READY TO BUY A NEW YAMAHA!!!!!

Back