Logo

2006 suzuki 115 idle problem

cdhesson

Ran great, sent it in for oil change, filters, tune up, lower oil change. Engine starts fine when cold but won't idle when warm while trying to dock. 2nd attempt same thing but gave MAP sensor code. Traded out MAP with a used sensor did not throw code but same idle problem/hard to restart. Tried new (cheap online sensor) threw code again same idle/start problem. Any ideas? Should I buy the $100 OEM MAP next. Been at the tuneup mechanic shop 2 weeks he cant seem to find the problem? Help!

Ran great, sent it in for oil change, filters, tune up, lower oil change. Engine starts fine when cold but won't idle when warm while trying to dock. 2nd attempt same thing but gave MAP sensor code. Traded out MAP with a used sensor did not throw code but same idle problem/hard to restart. Tried new (cheap online sensor) threw code again same idle/start problem. Any ideas? Should I buy the $100 OEM MAP next. Been at the tuneup mechanic shop 2 weeks he cant seem to find the problem? Help!

Update- Scoured internet and found the following suggestion/successful repair for 2 - 3 code. 1.) MAP sensor code 2 3 - 2 and temp sensor code 2 3. All but one said 2 3 code was MAP??? 2.)Changed out fuel bob fixed 3.0 check for water in vst . 3) IAC valve failure or incorrect by-pass air screw adjustment 4) clogged pressure detect passage in intake manifold. 5 Harness bad near corroded exhaust plug??, 6) corroded plug in exhaust replaced/welded. Went over all these with mechanic said he had considered all these and could not reproduce idle prob in shop. He Did not inspect plug but could not hear leakage. I did not know to remove cover but looks like im back on the water to try that and to reproduce idle problem again. Any ideas would be appreciated.

turned out to be a corroded forge plug. ground out steel plug, patched by back welding in a circular aluminum plate. seems to have fixed the problem. should last several years

Back