Logo

Honda BF115D One-Second Alarm and Possible TP Sensor

thebigsmooth

All,

A few weeks ago my Honda BF115D started beeping at one-second intervals whenever the engine is on. Other than the beeping, the engine runs perfectly normal, and gets up to speed fine with normal RPM. I tried the method I found on this forum of shunting the red connector in the engine and recording the MIL light pattern, and it showed seven short blinks repeating every few seconds. I can't find the BF115D service manual online, but every other Honda manual indicates this is a problem with the Throttle Position (TP) Sensor.

Does anyone have any tips and/or tricks for working on the TP Sensor? I have never worked on the sensor before and don't even know where it is. It seems odd to me that the throttle operates normally while indicating the sensor is not working.

Thanks!

Is the check eng light on? Could be water in fuel.TP sensor is not replaceable, whole throttle body has to be replaced. Is this motor not under warranty?

Is the check eng light on? Could be water in fuel.TP sensor is not replaceable, whole throttle body has to be replaced. Is this motor not under warranty?

The check engine light is on. I emptied the water-fuel separator so there should be no water in the fuel. I believe the motor is still under warranty.

Back