Logo

PMC PL000000EFI 1996, Fuel Pump Issue

DCBMarine

Engine ran very well last season and the beginning of this then starved for fuel. New primary low pressure pump and new high pressure pump. Found that voltage at Primary went from 12 Vt at pump to 0 in a few seconds and high pressure went from 6 vt to 0 in same time. tried Circuit breakers and found not tripped. Any thoughts about what might be going on, all other electrical on engine and boat works. I do not want to start tearing things down without good idea of what may be happening. Any help would be appreciated

I checked all the grounds. all tight. Changed oil pressure switch and sensor still have problem with voltage at pumps starts at 13.5 and drops rapidly after ignition is switched on. Neutral safety switch allows engine to turn over when in gear. Need to check it next. Have orange wire loose, not connected but with terminal end affixed, this behind instrument cluster in harness. changed to white before plug in harness. Manual says white goes to neutral switch but wire colors at switch are red/yellow and yellow. will check continuity at switch. also orange wire carries 12 vt to ground with ignition on. Must go to one of the gauges but can't tell which right now. Engine ran then stopped. I will check other safety switches and senders. Temp only one left I think. Any other thoughts will be much appreciated. Thanks

Back