Logo

2006 Yamaha F225

ChrisVB

My buddy has this engine, it hasn't ran right in 3 years. Starts, idles, revs up in neutral, as soon as it goes under a load in the water it it stops at 3000rpms. Doesn't shut off, it just stays at 3000 and will sometimes backfire. So I think it's limp mode.

None of his indicator lights work.

We have replaced filters, cleaned lines, ran a separate fuel tank. still has the issue. I think it's some type of sensor.

Any feedback would be great

Thanks

Boat1.jpgBoat2.jpgboat3.jpg

I been looking up the shift switch, are any of these pics it? i read where it looks like a sheet metal screw up against a block...?

i see a small piece if metal, very flexible, does any of this sound like the shift switch?

so I tested the switch, tested fine. I took it apart to clean everything up. On that switch is that little plunger, could that possibly not be getting pushed in by that little metal piece and block? It was pretty gunked up with greese.

I just realized on this engine, there are two of those switches. Pretty much co located. The bottom one that was a little hidden seems like its a switch for N and R. I tested it, all 00.0 ohms in the closed or depressed position. Then 4.65 in the open or non depressed position.

Did I find the issue?

Thanks.

Back