Logo

locating parts for 1997 Mercury 2.5HP outboard motor

Wanny5

Hello, I am needing assistance locating after market throttle controls for a 1997 Mercury 2.5hp outboard motor. I have been looking everywhere that I can think to locate this part. Does anyone have a suggestion on where to possibly look or know how to find it? Please let me know if you have any suggestions for me. Thank you

Thank you for responding but unfortunately, I'm not looking for a remote for it. I am just looking for aftermarket parts for the throttle control. I have looked it seems in every place that I could look that discussed after market parts. So I was just looking for suggestions on the best place to look for after market parts instead of getting the same results for OEM parts.

What is the reason for after market parts ??----What is wrong with factory parts.-----And you may find that this motor is built by one company and MARKETED by others.-----Try looking for the parts under JOHNSON / EVINRUDE / MARINER / YAMAHA and perhaps others too.

I am doing this search for my boyfriend and he didn't give me a reason for wanting after market parts for the throttle control. If you say I can search for the part under Johnson/Evinrude/Mariner/Yamaha how would I go about doing that and would it just be your standard search for the throttle control? I appreciate all of your help and if you could just help me a little more.

I think all of those left the factory as " tiller steered " models.----Not sure why or what you are trying too do here.

Back