Logo

Precision blend adjustment

kentrx1

1987 etlh 70 hp Yamaha. Trying to adjust oil blend lever. Manual says to line up punch mark on pump lever with line on pump body. I can not locate a punch mark. Has anyone tried doing this?

You don't see a little mark on the lever? Just up the lever from where the bolt hole is?

How about a good quality close up photo of the lever on your oil pump.

Not that I know of but I was not the first owner. Engine looked stock to me. With that being said if I have been chasing a rough running mid range rpm gremlin for a year now. The reason I was wondering about oil is two fold. I replaced the plastic screw on end last year as I noticed a crack in it. Tried to put new one back roughly same length as I did not have service manual then. Second I wondered if too much oil could that affect mid rpm roughness

Not only no but hell know.

I think this is the mark they are talking about.

bzvah.jpg

So the spot under the spring hook? The Manuel says to line it up with line on pump. Sorry to be a pest but what mark on pump body? The service Manuel is not very clear.

Now that I think about it, the oil pump defaults to the fully open position. Which is where it is as depicted in your photo. The setting is made with the throttle (and the oil pump) in the closed position. Rotate the oil pump control lever clockwise so that the connection point is on the other side. Then look for a mark on the lever. Should be opposite the tang which holds the spring in place.

What manual are you using? I am looking at the Yamaha manual and it is pretty clear.
d5kxy.jpg

i am looking at the same manual with same picture. i just do not see the marks the manual references. i will post another picture with it in default position. the default without rod on it actually is in wide open position which i would assume is a safety feature if rod came disconnected. yamahapic.jpg

I would guess that this is what they are talking about. It is aligned above the center axis of the bolt as is shown in the illustration.
egb785.jpg

You can see my confusion. Not a stamped mark and no obvious line on body of Oiler. Book makes it seem like it is obvious. I do appreciate your help.

Back