Logo

Honda BF225 VST float stuck open

Segomil82

Guys. Need your help
I have a bf225 from 2003 with only 335 hours

the float from the VST seems stuck open and the fuel is pissing from the overflow pipe. See blow picture

can someone tell me how to remove the vst to clean the floor

No picture showed up.

Wow. It's been a long time since I have removed mine. You need to remove, or at least loosen and peel back the upper cowling. I think there are three ~8 mm flange bolts that hold it in place. As you start this process, take pictures and detailed notes - there are several fuel lines that go into the VST and two water lines. You need to make sure you reconnect them correctly. And, you should replace the gasket on the cover.

Exploded view attached...

VST Exploded Diagram BF150.jpg

Hi
thanks for your feedback
I have already have my lower cowling removed
do you remember if you needed to take out the intake manifold as well

from what I see the VST is behind the manifold

No picture showed up.

Wow. It's been a long time since I have removed mine. You need to remove, or at least loosen and peel back the upper cowling. I think there are three ~8 mm flange bolts that hold it in place. As you start this process, take pictures and detailed notes - there are several fuel lines that go into the VST and two water lines. You need to make sure you reconnect them correctly. And, you should replace the gasket on the cover.

Exploded view attached...

View attachment 20658

Hi
thanks for your feedback
I have already have my lower cowling removed
do you remember if you needed to take out the intake manifold as well

from what I see the VST is behind the manifold

have just been through this same issue, Thanks to a sharp mechanic in the kemah texas area he suggested I remove and clean the small valve on the port side bottom of motor,, the fuel line is connected to this valve and the vst tank. I removed one line and shook it around and it freed up and is working I plan on replacing it but for now it s not leaking.

Back