Logo

Water leak Mercury 50 hp -07 (4 stroke EFI)

Golfgurra

Hi!
When i start my engine a lot of water is running out between the lower unit (gearhouse) and the driveshaft housing. The water runs out from the hole were the driveshaft is coming out from the lower unit.

I have new impeller, new gaskets (over and under face plate and impeller), new coupling from impeller house to water pipe. Tell tale is working with good preasure. No water in bottom cowl. When i remove covers to driveshaft housing i can´t se any leak. No water in engine oil or in gearhouseoil.

When i connect the hose directly to the waterpipe (when lower unit is removed) it´s starting to run some water from the side of the plate where the exhaust is located. Look at pic.

My questions:

1. Is it normal that the motor is leaking some water from driveshaft housing when i connect directly to the waterpipe?
2. Can it be something wrong with the lower unit when i have replaced everything related to impeller service?
3. I don´t know if most of the water is coming from the top of driveshaft housing or from the lower unit (gearhouse)

Attachments

• IMG_1828.jpg
    IMG_1828.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1835 ny.jpg
    IMG_1835 ny.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Back