Logo

Please help!!! 2006 Honda bf 225 sloid alarm no lights

dnmadison

I got this new to me boat last year. I love the boat does everything I want it to do. The former owner had the boat in very shallow creek off the chesapeake bay and wasnt able to use it much, a 2006 honda bf 225 with 300 hours on it started giving me some trouble. Since buying it, I have replaced the fuel tank to a plastic tank because original one was leaking, the port head on the engine corroded and had water in my oil so i replaced the head, replaced thermastats, and the water pump and 2 dif o2 sensors. I am having a solid alarm and no lights coming on on the dash when i reach between 3600-4000 rpms and the boat planes out, within 15 seconds of the bow lowering esp in rough conditions.At one time or another I have thought the problem was, fuel, clogged/corroded cooling system, engine too high out of the water. I plan to hook up a seperate gas tank to find out if its a fuel issue. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to diagnose the problem? I have had one mechanic work on it and the computor showed no hard codes according to him.

Thanks in advance

Check for fault codes again. The procedure is attached as well as what the codes mean.

Then clear codes as explained, run it again and re-check for codes again.

View attachment Procedure for Getting Fault Codes.pdf

View attachment MIL fault codes.pdf

Normally a continuous alarm is low oil pressure or overheat. Are you sure your key switch lights are all working? They should all blink momentarily when you turn on the key switch. Then before cranking, the AGM light should be on and the other three off. Once engine starts, the green oil pressure light should be on, and the three red lights - AGM, Overheat, and MIL (check engine) - should be off.

Find a tech who knows how to use drH. Overheat issues are not logged as a code, nor oil pressure. If there are no lights on then it could be oil pressure. With drH you need to check the number of events that occurred with oil pressure alert and overheat alert, then run until it alarms again and see if the number of alerts increases on either oil or o/heat.You cannot chase a problem until you know which it is, I am describing this in case your warning lights are not functioning as they should

Back