Logo

Possible Neutral Safety Switch Problem. need Confirmation

jaybybay

While out fishing this weekend, I dropped my motor into neutral. As soon as I did the ignition buzzer beeped one time and then the motor shut off. It would not restart no matter what I did. I have a Honda BF150. My thought is that it is the Neutral Safety Switch. I think that is actually controlled on the motor its self. Also the throttle shifter is significantly harder to move now. Could this be the main possible issue for my motor not starting? I have checked power and every fuse connection and there is no visible problems.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I’m no expert but I’ll ask some questions and maybe you’ll get some answers. What year is your Honda ? When you say it wouldn’t restart , does it not roll over or it rolls over but won’t start?

With the shifter hard to move now, maybe the shifter cables are loose and the shift you made to neutral was not correct and you stalled out. Now your shifting is disconnected or misaligned and you are in gear when you are trying to start it or if it’s not rolling over, your neutral safety switch is not lining up to work correctly.

Back