Logo

2005 Indmar 5.7l MPI - not opening injectors

ThaBiggT

I am not an Indmar man by any means, but here's what I got. Boat will turn over strong, but not try to start. first thing I found is the fuel pump was not running and I had no pressure at the fuel rail. Wired it so that the pump will run when the key is on. No intention on leaving it like that, but I wanted to know if that's the only problem. It wasn't. Now I have plenty of pressure at the fuel rail but still won't hit a lick. Check the spark, and I have a good hot spark so I check the injectors and find them not cycling. none of them. On a mercruiser they are wired with a constant 12v on the common side and fed a ground by the computer when they are supposed to open. Well, I removed several of the injectors harness connections and as soon as the key is turned on I am getting 12v from both sides of the harness. Test light connected to battery ground. i do not have a wiring diagram for this engine, but I am assuming all the ground wires go back to the computer individually in order to receive an independent signal. if they are all reading power from the negative side as soon as the key is turned on, I am thinking it's got to be the computer... but again, I am no Indmar man. Hoping someone can shed some light and or point me in the right direction. Thank you!!

Back