Logo

Tohatsu 6B throttle problem

All of the cable action from the tiller handle seems adjusted correctly. The issue I have is that the piece that the throttle rod connects to turns, but the turning does not effect the throttle. It just rotates freely without moving the rod.
Any ideas? I attached a photo of the setup. Again, thank you for your time.

Attachments

• IMG_2226.jpg
    IMG_2226.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2225.jpg
    IMG_2225.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Paul,

with all all due respect, we have worked on this a few hours comparing to the diagram you sent and still see no differences. I understand figuring it out yourself, but if you could take another look and point out the obvious, it would be greatly appreciated.

stephen

The throttle drum (the part that takes the cables -- 28 in the diagram) needs to be able to stay put while the throttle opener (29 in the diagram) advances in the event that you apply choke (which requires more throttle. If you have that drum (28) on backwards, that could cause your issue.

Paul,

thank you for the reply. I agree with what you are saying. We have noticed the need for free movement when the choke is applied, we have also tried the throttle drum in different positions and believe it is in the correct position. It also seems to be in the same position as shown in the exploded diagram. I’m going to contact a few dealerships (none in our area) and have them take a look at the photos.

thanks again for your replies.

stephen

Back