Logo

bf 200 no holeshot

kanepole

I have a 2002 triton tr20 with a Honda 200 with a 26 tempest prop. I'm trimmed all the way down when I try to launch out the hole , the motor goes to 2200 rpm's for maybe 15 - 20 seconds before it finally breaks over and gets on plane . I am trying a 25p trophy plus prop Monday , any other suggestions ? thanks

Is this a new issue, is this the prop the set up always had. 26p is a very high pitch in any application, usually high performance

I just recently bought the boat and the 26 came on it. tomorrow I will be trying a 3 blade fury 25 and a 4 blade trophy in 25. I don't know if the o2 sensor has anything to do with this or not.

O2 sensor will not cause this, does the engine run smoothly as in running on all 6 cylinders? What happens when it gets going, what top rpm are you achieving?

once it gets on plane it will fly. close to 5900 rpms and in the 60-65 mph range. I had my partner slide up towards the bow last time out and it got up on plane pretty quick. no miss in the motor at all , all plugs are clean , does it sound like a prop thing ? will the 25 p props maybe help? I am trying them tomorrow

tried the 25p fury yesterday , my rpm's when I try to take off were up to 2800 from 2200. got up on plane a little better but not much. am I right in thinking I should try a 23 or 24 or look for something else wrong ?

Back