Logo

F25ELPT firing order

Jim mc

Not sure why I didn't document the firing/wiring order for the spark plug wires last fall when I winterized the motor but maybe someone can verify the order the spark plug wires go back on. Right now I'm guessing the 3 coils are wired to the 3 plugs in the order that are on the motor. Top coil, top plug, middle coil , middle plug, etc. This motor was new last year so this is the first time getting the motor ready.
Thanks for any suggestions you can give me so I don't have to haul it 40 miles to the dealer.
Also, what's the best maintenance manual for these motors. I had a Seloc manual for my last motor but was not impressed with the in depth stuff.

Look on the wires that connect the coils. There should be numbers written on the white tags
My older 75 HP Merc doe[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://kwwl.com/news/top-stories/2019/05/29/iowas-mowing-law-protects-local-bird-population-during-nesting-season/have the numbers on the wires but so far I haven't found them. I might have to take the wire clear out and inspect one. That was a good suggestion. [/FONT]

My older 75 HP Merc does have the numbers on the wires but so far I haven't found them. I might have to take the wire clear out and inspect one. That was a good suggestion.

I did put the plug wires back on in the order the coils are stacked on the side of the motor and it was right. That was probably why I didn't mark anything down when I winterized the motor.
Thank you to those who replied.

Back