Logo

Honda 225 Flush Port Cap

tompass

Contributing Member
After flushing my 225 and trying to reattach the hose to the flush port on bottom of the extension case on starboard underside of extension case, seems the connection fell out or pushed up inside the case. I think it is only a cap with hex nut so ordered and will try to replace. There is another smaller hose attached to flushing hose that I can not identify. It is at the bottom of pic.IMG_1467.jpg

Yes, that is only a cap for folding the female end of the hose. It has a plastic nut, which tends to easily strip off or break. Once you get a new male receptacle and nut, drill a small hole through the piece the nut screws down on, just above where the top of the nut will rest, and put a stainless steel pin through it to keep the nut from backing off. At least that is how I fixed mine.

The other hose appears to be the hose from the speed pick up on the front of the lower unit. You will notice a tiny hole on the lower cowling where water pressure triggers a pitit which feeds to your console to indicate speed on water.

See item 11 at: https://www.boats.net/catalog/honda...hp/bf225a6-xca-2006/stern-bracket-swivel-case

These things are a pain and easily get clogged. Many owners simply plug the hose before leaves the upper cowling and install an external pickup on the transom. One like that shown in the following link for under $20. If it breaks or starts reading inaccurately, replace it.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/sier...MIq6jyjvPA4gIVjGSGCh2e3AkvEAQYBCABEgJw9vD_BwE

So the barbed end of the tube seen hanging in lower part of the picture gets inserted into a receiving tube somewhere under the lower engine cover. Is this correct? Can I replace the flush plug receiving end under lower engine cover without removing that cover?

My recollection is not good on this, but I think that either that tube itself, or the tube it plugs into feeds through that big black grommet that the fuel line and control cables feed through on the right side of the upper cowling. I'll see if I can find a picture.

Back