Logo

Greg Huffman

ghuffer49

I purchased a new distributor from MOSTPLUS. It fits my 1989 mercruiser 5.7 350 engine. However, it comes with two connectors. One is a two contact and one is a 4 contact connector. Does anyone know either where I can buy a pigtail for these connectors, or what the wiring should be for this. My original distributor only contained two wires that were bolted to the outside of the distributor on the sensor. Thanks.

Sounds like you have the Delco Voyager EST system....if you google that, you will find many sources for the installation data.

Generically, it goes in like distributor do on all the 'old' small block chevys.....the two pin connector is for the coil and the 4 pin connector is for putting the module in a static timing mode. Personally, I set the timing for proper advance and then live with whatever the module provides at the lower RPMs.... You should also get the 'matching' coil for best performance....other details are in the online instructions...

finally, if you Mercruiser spins a sterndrive, make sure you pay attention to the 'shift interrupter' portion of the instructions....

Back