Logo

I have 2 crusader 6.0 efi 1997 models once in a while lose throttle response on port engine.

Steve bertram

You start engines all ok idle out of creek and go throttle up and port engine loses throttle response turn engine off and wait 5 minutes and start back up all ok after that. Checked wireing and grounds are all good any ideas.

You start engines all ok idle out of creek and go throttle up and port engine loses throttle response turn engine off and wait 5 minutes and start back up all ok after that. Checked wireing and grounds are all good any ideas.

I had the same issue on 5.7L MPI engine and it ended up being the distributor.

.... port engine loses throttle response turn engine off and wait 5 minutes and start back up all ok after that......

Guess I'm not exactly clear what the symptoms are....does port maintain RPM and doesn't respond to throttle....or engine returns to idle speed....

Also, does this happen every time you leave the creek or is it repeatable? Also, on the "ok after that", for the rest of the day?

You need to remember, we can't see and hear and feel what you do....so you need to convey the critical things needed to even begin any troubleshooting.....

Guess I'm not exactly clear what the symptoms are....does port maintain RPM and doesn't respond to throttle....or engine returns to idle speed....

Also, does this happen every time you leave the creek or is it repeatable? Also, on the "ok after that", for the rest of the day?

You need to remember, we can't see and hear and feel what you do....so you need to convey the critical things needed to even begin any troubleshooting.....

Good morning the engine returns to idle speed only you do not hear any thing when it happens still idles great.seems that throttle body is not responding to t.p.s sensor. If you shut power off to the port motor after 5 minutes it will work all day in some occasions or not at all. Do these engines have fail safe in the e.c u. How do I pull codes from each its do not see a data link connector. Thanks for responding earlier . steve

you need to find the diagnostic connector to pull the codes....easiest way is with a scan tool (or an equivalent laptop with cable and software). the earlier MEFI controllers can share the codes using other methods but that's more of a bandaid....

The throttle body (throttle valve) should respond to the cable....the TPS provides the throttle valve position to the ECU so it can control fuel and ignition adjustments....

So when the engine loses RPM, the throttle cable hasn't moved at all ??

you need to find the diagnostic connector to pull the codes....easiest way is with a scan tool (or an equivalent laptop with cable and software). the earlier MEFI controllers can share the codes using other methods but that's more of a bandaid....

The throttle body (throttle valve) should respond to the cable....the TPS provides the throttle valve position to the ECU so it can control fuel and ignition adjustments....

So when the engine loses RPM, the throttle cable hasn't moved at all ??
No cable has not moved and if you go in bilge and has someone move it it has full travel.

Try to find specs on each and components does this system use 5v reference to sensors and what does the data link connector looke like where can I get a scan tool for this engine like.

Back