Logo

2006 350mag smartcraft check engine message

WESHAFER

Is there any way to access trouble codes without a scan tool? I have a check engine message on my smartcraft display, the audible alarm chirps about every thirty seconds. All gauges display proper readings, water pressure is normal, fuel tank is full, engine runs properly. Would like to have an idea as to the cause of this issue prior to taking it to the shop...??

Thanks much

Yes I did, I bought a Tech Mate Pro. I have 2 fault codes; Fault code 104 Lake/Sea Temp Circuit High & Fault code 119 Steering position Circuit Low....
Now what to do about them...???

I would have to be at work to let you know what those codes do. On your smart craft gauges have you noticed the lake temp gauge. Did if work? Was it reading 32F?

Yes I did, I bought a Tech Mate Pro. I have 2 fault codes; Fault code 104 Lake/Sea Temp Circuit High & Fault code 119 Steering position Circuit Low....
Now what to do about them...???

Lake/seatemp circuit high, means you do not have a transducer in your boat or if you do it is unplugged or faulty.

Steering position circuit low, means you do not have a sender attached to the steering to report the angle of the drive/rudder.

During our next class, I can explain the digital logic gates used for these circuits that generate the Circuit High or Circuit Low designation.

I suggest you get a watch, run your engine, count the beeps and the time between them. You can also turn off unwanted parameters in your smart craft gauge. IE water temp and steering angle.

There is no meaning for a "Chirp" every 30 seconds on your engine.

http://media.channelblade.com/EProWebsiteMedia/3506/Mercruiser%20warning%20horns.pdf

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your reply, I have never seen lake temp or steering angle on my Smart Craft display.
Both trouble codes are active, I clear them with my Tech Mate Pro and they come right back...
I wont be able to run the engine until late tomorrow evening....
Thanks again
Respectfully, Wes

Thank you very much for your reply, I have never seen lake temp or steering angle on my Smart Craft display.
Both trouble codes are active, I clear them with my Tech Mate Pro and they come right back...

Thanks again
Respectfully, Wes

Back