Logo

95 350 Magnun EFI Tournament Ski fuel issue

Shaun220

The engine is in a boat I just got and it won’t spray fuel out of the throttle body injectors.. it’s only sprayed right maybe 2 times but only for about 5 seconds. it runs great if you manually feed it gas.

heres what’s been done and checked:

-i have good pressure in the rail going to the throttle body from the electric pump (50-60psi)
-it had a new distributor, plugs and wires on when I got it.
-noid light showed injectors pulsing and both red wires have good voltage going to them.
- rebuilt the fuel pressure regulator
- new injectors

i just cant figure out why I’m not getting them to spray fuel?? Could the ECM or some sensor be going bad?

any help would be appreciated ����

a scan tool would be a huge asset here....what do you mean by "manually feed it gas"??

I you have pressure in the TBI unit and the noid lights are showing they are pulsing, fuel should be coming out....

If the distributor isn't hooked up to the ecu, it won't know the engine is spinning and can shut off fuel too....FWIW, 50 PSI is too much for the GM TBI units.

Thanks for the reply!

By “manually feeding it” i meant just pouring gas down the throttle body.

I wonder if the previous owner put in a new electric fuel pump that was the wrong one :confused:

there are 2 plugs that go into the ignition module on the distributor.. is there another plug or connection I’m missing or something? Or do you mean just getting signal through those connections?

signal thru the connectors, for the reason o2batc said.....make sure the pins are fully seated (not recessed) and the wires are still connected.

two things that I can think of are the TPS being bad or some of the ignition module is bad....

For the TPS, just unplug it....the ignition module is a remove & replace...the DELCO ones are the best but hard to find..

Back