Logo

5.0Gi Fuel Issues

Bingo

I could use some help! I have a 302 Monterey with twin 5.0Gi engines. Both engines ran fine last year and a local shop did oil changes and fuel filters on both last fall before winterizing.

First time out this spring and both engines started and idled perfectly on the lake for about 30 minutes. Slight throttle also ran fine. A few seconds after planing off the first time, the port engine started hesitating and eventually stalled. Trying to start it after this, it would fire and idle like normal for 1-2 seconds then sputter and die. After doing this a few times, it won't fire at all. A little starting fluid makes it fire but it dies again. Seems like a fuel issue to me? There is nothing obvious in the fuel filter and the fuel pump sounds normal when it cycles prior to turning over. The starboard engine runs fine. This boat has a single fuel tank with 2 fuel pickups.

Any ideas for me to look at or ways to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Both engines are running off the same fuel, and no issues with one I would hook the port to a portable fuel tank and see what happens. Might be you have blockage in the pickup, the line or filters on the port side.

Back