Logo

SP-A Outdrive lifts underway.

moresparks

Regular Contributor
Hi , I am wondering if some of you knowledgeable folk can offer suggestions?
I have what appears to be defying physics law!!
My Stendrive SP-A lifts whist underway. This normally occurs whilst trying to get over the "hump" applying full throttle. Slow speeds its fine. The trim indicator shows the leg lifting. Over the winter I have replaced the RAMS and hydraulic lines and replaced the reverse latch springs.
First thoughts is that its not "latching" but this was all checked before launch.
I have had the propeller checked just in case of prop slip, but my thoughts is that maybe there is wear in the latch mechanism?
Is it possible that the trim pump can cause this issue? The RAMS were changed as there was water in the oil, i wondered if this may have damaged the pump.
The Trim lifts and lowers normally with no issues upon demand.
As this boat is not on a trailer, I will have to possibly arrange a haul-out so any suggestions will be appreciated.

This normally occurs whilst trying to get over the "hump" applying full throttle.

Ayuh,...... Under power, thrust pushes the drive down,.....

Only explanation is the trim is bein' electrically activated,.....

See if the throttle cable is interferin' with the trim wirin' at the transom area,.....

Many thanks for your response it is much appreciated.
The throttle cable is well away from the trim wiring but this has given me an idea of an area to check.... with the age of my boat many of the electrical connections have been troublesome and rectified. I will clean and use contact grease on the Trim wiring connectors and retry.
Thanks again.

Back