Logo

need some help trim pump issue

kevpic

fuse block.jpgfuse block2.jpgschematic.jpg Hello all I have an issue with my volvo penta trim. Went out last wekk and when I got to landing trim not working up or down no clicking nothing. Got the boat out of the water ran jump wires to trim motor direct could get up and down. got home did research and was told sounded like relays. So purchased relays on pump replaced both still nothing. then was told to look for 10amp fuse on pump and check found brand not blown. found fuse block on top of engine and see there is 2 more relays for trim up and trim down there also saw what is listed as CB by schmatic Circuit breaker for trim pump I assume. the button on it appears to be tripped and will not allow me to push and reset. also unable to get relays or CB to remove from engine fuse block is there a special tool or a clip I dont know about because I have tried to remove all and afraid if I put any more pressure I will break or rip fuse block from engine. Please help I am new to this and want to learn

Last edited:
Ayuh,...... Start at the trim pumps connection to the Battery,...... probably corroded,.....

fuse block.jpgschematic.jpg I think I have found the issue there is another fuse block on top of engine and the schmatic on the cover show 2 more relays one up one down for trim like the ones on the pump and it shows what is listed as CB which I assume is circut breaker 40 amps. for trim pump in the spot it appears to have what looks like a blade fuse with a button on tothat will not push and reset. have done some research on a 40amp blade type circut breaker but only can find 30amp and I'm having trouble removing the relays and the CB from the fuse block on the engine is there a trick I dont know about.

Last edited:
Back