Logo

Engine jumping of the hook up bolt, when in reverse.

Bhammon2

Today I was running my boat( under a good load) just letting everyone fish. Won’t do that again. Lol, but I would put it under a good load and the motor would pop of the back, and slam back down and lock back in. Maybe just where it had a good load?

The arm that locks when in the running position on my 9.9 did that too...
It was just needing to be lubed then it was free and didn't do it again... But it could round off the little lip on the L shaped groove and not have a good surface to lock up to if it does it too much.
Mine just wasn't moving all the way due to being sticky from hard grease and grit.
Yours may not be anything like mine but it's just a thought that might work

Assuming that yours has the little tilt/run lever on the side by the powerless casing... If not... Ignore me

Will it stay down if you don't give it full throttle in reverse ??
We’ll see what happened is the pin that locks the engine in on the transom mount that is adjustable fell out. I put it back in the other day, and i don’t know if it was where The pin was in a different hole. It would jump off, and out of water. Welll I figured out which hole to put the pin in for it not to do it. (I thought anyways). Yesterday took it out, and it stayed locked awhile. Stayed locked in reverse. It bounced up twice going forward though. I took it back to ramp, and after it would bounce up. It would lock back in place. I looked at latch. Looks like it has a good hold on the pin.

Back