Logo

Merc Cruiser 4.6 V6 Replacement

Hslobo

I have an opportunity to buy a 2007 Tahoe Tracker Ski/Fish boat in pristine condition but with a blown engine (cracked block and manifolds). I'm looking for advice and info on purchasing a new or rebuilt engine, looking for best purchase price (obviously) and for a reputable source to purchase. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

There are others also but I had a very positive experience with Michigan Motorz three years ago buying a new extended base engine (their silver package) to do the same thing you are doing. While a reman is $600 or so cheaper I would recommend just getting a new base, you’ll also need new exhaust and would recommend the intake as well since water crossover may be damaged

Only thing I would think about is what’s the value boat plus the engine plus a fudge factor $$ for unexpected things that come up (I needed trailer tires and brakes). I would just take stock of if there is enough savings vs buying a functional boat. In my case I saved about $5k vs same boat in running condition as it was in similar condition - needed nothing but the engine work/otherwise mint condition.

Back