Logo

Impeller type 3

Svenson

Hi guys new here hope you can help me. I have a 1975 omc 165 hp electric shift.It is on a 1975 double hardtop Fibreform. It worked fine when it was garaged over 18 years ago....I know lol!...I bought a water pump kit would like to try to install it myself.When some of you are talking about doing it without removing the whole drive and setting the lower on a bench or table and doing it from underneath does that apply with the type 3 and the electric shift cable? Is there enough slack to do this?I had one guy who would do it for 500.00 it really does not look that hard. But after looking at the manuals and reading your posts is it really hard to do?I noticed most mechanics around
do not want to mess with these.I just do not want to get over my head.

Hi guys new here hope you can help me. I have a 1975 omc 165 hp electric shift.It is on a 1975 double hardtop Fibreform. It worked fine when it was garaged over 18 years ago....I know lol!...I bought a water pump kit would like to try to install it myself.When some of you are talking about doing it without removing the whole drive and setting the lower on a bench or table and doing it from underneath does that apply with the type 3 and the electric shift cable? Is there enough slack to do this?I had one guy who would do it for 500.00 it really does not look that hard. But after looking at the manuals and reading your posts is it really hard to do?I noticed most mechanics around
do not want to mess with these.I just do not want to get over my head.
Did you ever figure this out? Im looking at doing the same thing.

Back