Logo

Non-Skid floor

Skooter

Advanced Contributor
I know this is a general question and not specific to Honda, but does anyone here have any experiences with applying non-skid to their boat floor. Im looking at Awlgrip, kiwigrip, Interlux? Or any other brand that you have good or bad experiences with. Thanks in advance!

Skooter - I've been using Kiwi Grip for about 10 years and think it's great stuff. When you open up the can, it's like jello that you spoon out over a few square feet at a time, and roller it out with the special roller that comes with the paint. There is no sand or agate in this paint. I provides the grip by drying fast while it's still lumpy from the special roller. And it looks great all the time.

I always keep some on hand for touch ups, which is very easy to do and blends right into the original coat. That special roller makes a real aggressive grip. For me, it was a little too aggressive, so I now overcoat it using a standard roller. It still provides and excellent grip, which is important in my situation where fish blood and guts get all over my deck at times.

I repaint about every four years. In fact, I just did my second repaint last week.

If I recall correctly, Jamestown Distributors has a video that shows the application technique, which is really rather simple.

I don't have any experience with the other deck paints, since Kiwi Grip is the first one I used and have stuck with it because of it's great performance.

Looks good IMO. Send an e-mail and I'll return some pictures. [email protected].

Easy to clean. To clean I use a medium stiff brush and boat soap or Dial regular. Still, you will get some chips and mars over time, so that's why it's good to have some extra on hand for touch ups.

Back