Logo

1997 8hp mystery tiller handle parts

Ferrucci

I'm replacing a tiller handle that has been broken off and fell in the ocean. I have all the parts in the diagram, but seem to be missing some kind of worm gear that connects the throttle cable to the twisting motion of the grip. Also the throttle indicator #17 doesn't seem to fasten to anything. My local Honda dealer is of no help. It's a 1997 8hp BACL-1207975 https://www.boats.net/catalog/honda/outboard-by-hp-serial-range/8hp/bf8am-la-1997/handlebar

Well, I'm no expert on these but it sure looks as if Honda doesn't offer that part you describe. It's called a "spiral tube" on the 8D parts page.

It's been my experience that if the part isn't available from boats.net it won't be available to Honda dealers either.

Item 17 in the link you provided is called a "grip pipe cover" and I believe it just slides on over the end of the pipe after the grip is installed.

I know you won't want to hear this but you may have to haunt ebay or craigslist to find that part or a replacement handle bar assembly.

Good luck

Back