Logo

Drive oil in bilge

Capt Fun

Good morning all,
Working on a 2015 Bennington 25' 350 Mag B-3 and the reservoir keeps going empty, bottle and hose look good but have residue on transom housing just below the input shaft from the drive, pulled drive, bellows dry. I'm leaning towards a bad plastic fitting at the transom and there is NO way to get to it without pulling the motor, right? This engine even has catalytic converters, any idea on the amount of hours to complete this job? Thank you in advance.
Mark

It is possible but you need to remove the steering cylinder first, disconnect the quick connect oil line , remove the E clip , push the fitting out

just did one on a 5.0 major pita .interior boards and backing had to be removed, then the steering cylinder, luckily was quick connects. There is a lock tap that needs to be raised to remove the steering bolts and the cotter pin where the steering connects to the drive arm

just did one on a 5.0 major pita .interior boards and backing had to be removed, then the steering cylinder, luckily was quick connects. There is a lock tap that needs to be raised to remove the steering bolts and the cotter pin where the steering connects to the drive arm

Thanks, will get with the customer tomorrow.

Thanks, will get with the customer tomorrow.

Found it,

Nipple broke off quick connect going to transom assy. Removed hyd. steering ram, pin for steering arm to gimbal housing and water tube that bolts up to transom housing, the drive was already off as I checked for oil in the bellows, god that B-3 is a heavy som bitch!!! Had the part in stock, reassembled, filled drive reservoir and test ran, all good. Came in this am reservoir full! I'm guessing factory with only 44.3 hours. Thank you for all your help!!!!

Mark

Back