Logo

Help On Year and model of outboard

Beady

Thinking on buying this Stratos 1992 Model 1850 DC has a Mercury 150 XR4 Black Max on it serial as
I read it shows 0B982236 any help with year and maybe model of this is greatly appreciated
starts up and runs good just need the motor info Thank you very Much

Beady

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20190428_175121_01[2].jpg
    IMG_20190428_175121_01[2].jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 577
Thanks for the confirmation photos as I was hoping to see something slightly different but wasn't the case this time around as that number still shows it as a Bravo unit depending on where one looks.

While I've seen this a few times over the years so yours won't be the first (or last) your serial number isn't or may never come up correctly doing a computer search with either a Mercury Dealer or online at one of the many online web search's that ask for the model or serial numbers such as here at marine engine.com < as far as finding exact parts matching using your exact serial number directly but don't despair with that info as there's other ways to find your parts guide if needed and as Racerone looked-up/found via a Serial Number Chart as knowing other info about your engine he is correct that your engine is categorized as an 1988 year model.

Because your serial number falls in between the serial number range seen below, that tells you the year and what parts guide to use which I'll link here for you...,
http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercury-outboard-parts/xr4/0b242885-thru-0c100860-usa

150 XR4 S/N 0B242885 - 0C100860 = 1988.

If so desired you could try informing Mercury marine to let them know the serial comes up as a Bravo and to see if they see something different than I. Either call‪ -‬
‪(920) 929-5040 or email them, https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/ca/contact/outboard-customer-assistance/

Maybe they'll have a way to correct things within the computer system once they know the issue exists.:eek:

Hope this helps some, good luck.

Back