Logo

2005 Nissan 8hp

Boxie

Good afternoon,

i have a 2005 4 stroke 8hp outboard. The motor does not appear to turn the full rpm range while in gear. Idles great, revs up as it should in neutral. When in gear it accelerates well but there is no throttle acceration past half way. While in gear it idles great no stalling ect. One thing I did notice is that fuel is leaking out of the air intake when I have it trimmed up. I have cleaned the carb twice by hand no ultrasonic cleaning. Fuel is fresh and have a 10 micron water fuel separator installed. Main engine runs well from the same tank. Any thoughts? Thanks...Jeff

What is your actual model?
Is the throttle rod adjusted correctly?
What prop are you running, and on what boat?
Fuel may drip if you tilt with a full carb (engine off).

Paul,

Model # NSF8A2

The throttle linkage looks to be adjusted correctly. The RPMs do come up when it’s not in gear, when under load the RPMs seam only midrange. The prop has 7.5 stamped on it. It is used as a kicker on on my 15 x 55 flat bottom jet boat. Total weight with myself in the boat is about 1450#’s. Any additional thoughts? Let me know...

Ok, so did you confirm that thye throttle plate opens all the way? RPM in neutral means nothing. In fact, that's a good way to throw a connecting rod. Did it ever work correctly? I would install a tachometer, and see what you are getting. You may need to go with a high thrust prop.

Back