Logo

Problem with bow mounted Minn Kota.

fowlintent

Hello all. I need help. I bought a used bay boat few weeks ago, and when I tried it out before purchase the trolling motor was not working properly, it seemed very weak although the remote seemed to function. The seller told me he had forgotten to charge the batteries. Charged the batteries after I purchased the boat using the on board 3 bank charger and the motor’s battery meter showed full charge. Took it out the next morning, lowered the motor, turned it on and next to nothing. Battery meter now showed low charge. Almost as if turning the motor on caused total discharge of batteries. So I charged the batteries again all night, checked the motor’s battery meter before launching, showed full charge. Got to fishing spot, lowered trolling motor, turnred it on and again it now shows low charge. Makes no sense to me. Any ideas where to start? The batteries and connection to the charger check out OK. The boat does have an after-market Attwood plug receptacle. I’m figuring/hoping it a wiring problem and not the motor itself.

Back