Logo

Purchasing spark plug wires and coil?

mpt

Contributing Member
Where is the best place to buy a coil, and set of spark plug wires for my '96 Volvo Penta 4.3 GS V6?
I checked Amazon for a coil listed at around $38. Is it the same coil found on a Chevy S10 pick up?
Does the plug wires need to be Volvo Penta??

Where is the best place to buy a coil, and set of spark plug wires for my '96 Volvo Penta 4.3 GS V6?
I checked Amazon for a coil listed at around $38. Is it the same coil found on a Chevy S10 pick up?
Does the plug wires need to be Volvo Penta??

Ayuh,....... Right here from Marine engines,..??.......

They Must be Marine, as automotive wires are W aa yyy to short to work,.....
If ya don't wanta buy Volvo wires, buy a roll of conductor, 'n bags of ends to make yer own,.....
Whatever ya get, ya need the length, 'n the right ends in the right places,.....

'n Btw,.... Coils rarely ever go bad,.....

Coils do go bad- I've had two fail over the 23 years of owning my 96 Campion 622 Explorer with a 4.3 Volvo penta SX! I'm just in a troubleshooting mode right now with a not so smooth idle issue! I pulled it out of the annual winter storage over a month ago and did a complete service on it from prop to top! New oil and filter, Dist cap, rotor, plugs! and I figure I'm over due on getting new plug wires for my boat anyway. If it smoothes out the idle, then I'll send the coil back to Amazon since they do have a good return policy!

Back