Logo

Mariner Stator wiring

rubber09

Hope someone can lend a hand. I just bought a Mariner 60 hp. 1992 60ELPTO. The previous owner had removed the Stator. Wire colors don't seem to match up with what was included as original Stator. But Stator does bolt up correctly. Does anyone have the same engine that would take a picture of the Stator wires hooked to the power box? I just need to be sure I hook the right color to the right location. Thanks in advance.

No sir I don't. It is suppose to be the Stator he took off to try on another engine. Problem is, the wire colors don't match. If i could identify thier location, I think the Stator would be fine.

First do you have the serial number of your motor?
Next, let see if I can ask some questions to get this started. I have a 85 - 60hp that I have replaces the stator on.
Do you have the fly wheel off so you can see the stator?
Is it a molded or exposed coil stator? This may help determine the manufacturer.
How many wires does it have? This may help determine whether it is a replacement designed for multiple years.
What colors are the wires? We maybe able to figure it out together from a process of elimination.

The more complete the answers the more we are likely to get it right the first time....

The serial number is D163246. I think i am sure the stator I have is incorrect. The diagram i have for that engine shows 1 Red- 1 Blue- 2 Yellows -1 Black The supplied stator has 2 extra wires Blues and reds No black at all. The supplied is exposed stator, but I don't know which would be correct for that engine. If I can identify the part number of the correct stator, I will find one and my issue will be behind me.

I'm posting here cause I have kind of inquiry involving the stator. I have a 1973 model 200 20hp mercury electric start. The stator has a red and blue wire that connects to a terminal block, where the red and blue wires from the switch box mate up. Could I install a rectifier/regulator off these same terminals to charge the motor?

I do not know your stator specifically, but most stators have separate coils designed for charging circuits. The switch box circuits are completely different from the charging circuit. So, my guess is no, connecting a regulator to the switch box circuits will not work for charging.

Back