Logo

Yamaha F50 HETL-EFI-YCOP 2016 model

robanfield

Hi to all,
I have a problem with the above engine. The tachometer and tilt does not register on gauge. The engine starts and runs fine and alarm works correctly.
I dont seem to have any more cables in delivery boxes. Do I have to buy an extra cable to connect to engine.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Cheers,Rob

The tachometer is usually connected via a fused harness to the key switch. For power, ground and the tachometer signal itself. Then another harness is used that connects the tachometer to the motor for the trim information, low oil pressure information and over temperature information.

Look at the back of the tachometer. Is everything connected or not?

The tachometer is usually connected via a fused harness to the key switch. For power, ground and the tachometer signal itself. Then another harness is used that connects the tachometer to the motor for the trim information, low oil pressure information and over temperature information.

Look at the back of the tachometer. Is everything connected or not?

Thanks Boscoe harness is plugged in ok to tacho. I only have one multi lead connected to engine and then to multi hub.
I will take photos today.
Thanks again.

I was talking about a conventional Yamaha tachometer. Sounds like you might have a Command Link tachometer since you mention the multi-hub. There are several different wiring configurations that can be used. Usually a harness from the motor to a hub. Power to the hub from the key switch. Harness connecting the tachometer to the hub.

I was talking about a conventional Yamaha tachometer. Sounds like you might have a Command Link tachometer since you mention the multi-hub. There are several different wiring configurations that can be used. Usually a harness from the motor to a hub. Power to the hub from the key switch. Harness connecting the tachometer to the hub.
Please find attached photos.
Photo 1 is harness grey plugs 6Y8-82553-21. 20 FT. ALSO 6Y8-82521-31. 6FT

Attachments

• YAMMY CABLE.jpg
    YAMMY CABLE.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 26
  • YAM 2.jpg
    YAM 2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 20
  • YAMMY 3.jpg
    YAMMY 3.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 29