Logo

Cannot get water pump to pump

jgorski

So my motor was not really shooting water out the pisser very strong so i ordered a new pump and put it in. now i cannot get any water at all and it seems as though i no longer have a neutral position on my motor. I have taken it back apart a few times to check that i did everything right on the pump and it all looks good but it still wont pump.pulled the thermostat to check and i can blow air through the pickup tube and it blows out the stat hole.Help me with some ideas please.

I know you need to adjust the shift rod.----Look at it / see how the threads work---Possible left hand threads.-----I can not see your test set-up but more water in your bucket might help.

Motor year/model is helpful.

No neutral and no water are are not associated w/each other. But if you had neutral prior to dropping LU then you reinstalled LU improperly. If you had water pissing prior to dropping LU amd now you don't after reinstalling LU then you installed the water pump improperly. If you don't have a year/model specific service manual , now is a better time than any. Essential for a DIY'r.

Back