Logo

Any chance this Johnson 115 not in 1969 to 1972 range?

GLE3

00r0r_iEiTPoP2Von_1200x900.jpgMy old 72 100 HP hasn't been operational in a couple years and I have been holding on to it as has been in the family for some time... Anyway, I stumbled onto a local listing a couple days ago I and I thought it may give me the parts I need to get my 72 working again. Based on the picture(specifically the power pack) is there any way it could be other than a 69, 70, 71, or 72 model? The seller thought it was a 78 but I don't see how that could be the case.. Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:
I have one too a 100hp 1971 that Amplifier was used in 1972 on 100hp and 125hp in 1971 they used the square boxed Amplifier .I changed mine using a 1974 Toyota Corrolla Ignition coil with a ballast resistor it works the same as the Amplifier mine packed up no spark just put the porcillian ballast resistor in series between the ignition switch and coil it works fine .

Thanks for the replies, guys. Appears the guy doesn't know a bunch about what he is selling... I assumed it didn't have a plate with a model and serial but it does. It reads 115ESL69E. Has some of the same parts (power pack, stator/amplifier) but there seems to be quite a bit of difference between that and my 72... Even carbs have different part numbers.

Many / most parts are the same between a 1969 and 72 model.----Just because the part # is different does not always mean " won't fit "-----If it is cheap I would pick it up.

Back