Logo

Penta EVC trim pump wiring problem (TRIM PUMP CONTROL)

Gabors

Hi guys,
I have the boat with a Penta D3-130 diesel and Penta EVC system.
The trim pump had a wiring change at least in part with the pump control relays.
Probably everything was properly folded, but over time some cables fell out of the "sockets".
Now I have the working boat with EVC system reporting two alarms associated with trim up and down control (causing reduced power) and two cables with which I don't know what to do.

Alarms:

MID 140, PSID 30FMI 4Powertrim motor direction up
MID 140, PSID 31FMI 4Powertrim motor direction down

There're two not connected cables: 1.white with a blue stripe and second one - white with a green stripe. Both are in one tube described "TO TRIM PUMP CONTROL"
View attachment 19888
From the service manual I know it comes from C2 socket in the EVC system.
View attachment 19889
I have a troubleshooting procedure from service manual but the cables from the pump control relays (shifter up/down - relays) were changed to non-original ones. In addition, the system works normally except reported errors limiting engine power.

So the main question is where is the "PUMP CONTROL" and what does it mean? How to connect this two wires?
All cables at the pump relays are connected (installation reworked).
View attachment 19887
Small green and blue wires are going from the shifter (up/down).

EVC reported also another problem:
MID 140, PPID 290FMI 3Powertrim signal
or supply

The problem was resolved by reconnecting the cables from the trim sender (the original connections have been replaced with a connection block which has loosened).

Perhaps these cables should be connected nearby the relays to the cables with the signal from the shifter (small blue and green)?
or with a trim sender cables as a bypass of the ECV system?

The oryginal cable with relay-s look like this (from google):
View attachment 19890

You can see that one of the cables is described "To trim pump control".
I attach photos and a fragment of the service manual.
View attachment 19892
View attachment trim2.pdf

Last edited:
Back