Logo

new member, minn kota transom motor problem...

Chrisper4694

Hi guys, I've been having a problem with my minn kota endura max 50 transom motor. It's been happening for a while but seems to be getting worse. Unfortunately there is no certified repair shop within almost 3 hours of me so i'll have to fix it myself or pay so much i would just buy a new one haha.

I talked to minn kota about the problem and they seemed to be not totally sure what the problem was so hopefully someone here can help more definitely.

When i'm trying to control the speed of the motor (forward or reverse) the motor will click off and then click back on erratically and more and more often the longer this problem persists. I also noticed if the batter isn't at full power the motor will just turn completely off and not turn back on unless i disconnect it and reconnect it.

Additionally (not sure if it's related but assuming it is) the handle on the motor in the 'off' position still turns the prop slowly and only if i click it just barely into reverse does it truly stop the prop completely.

Not many options as to what the problem is, i know...my main issue is the expensive control box and if that is the definite problem piece. is there any chance that these issues are from the handle pieces, clutch piece or battery reader connection, etc.? I'd hate to order the control box and it not fix the problems.

btw all the current wires and connections appear to be in perfect shape from what i saw inside the unit but i didn't pull them out of the shaft yet.

I appreciate any help, thanks guys!

Back