Logo

1986 45 hp Mariner Motor oil Injection

Mike10bird

[]I have a 1986 45 hp Mariner motor with autoblend oil injection. There is a hose going to gas tank and a hose going to motor. It appears to have a place for another hose (see picture). Am I missing a hose? Not sure what make the oil injection work? Do I need power to it. Any advice will help. Thanks

Take that " autoblend " unit to the nearest fence and toss it over and as far away as you can !!-----Just not a good / reliable unit.

???----Throw that thing away !-----Mix 50:1 in the fuel tank.-----Use just one fuel hose.---Plug hose into the tank.-----Plug other hose end into the motor.-----Go fishing.

So do I have to do anything to the engine to bypass the oil injection or just disconnect the fuel hose from autoblend injection tank and go directly from gas tank to engine?

Was this a seperate " autoblend " tank somewhere in the boat , yes or no ?-------Do you see any oil injection components on the motor , yes or no ?-----Serial # of your motor ?-----Picture of the oil tank ?----I believe that post # 4 is vere clear !

It is a separate tank. I am just wondering about what to do with the hose that goes into the motor from the autoblend tank. I will try and get some pictures. Mariner 45 HP serial number 0B146753. Thanks for your time.

Back