Logo

Mcculloch 9hp bail a matic problem, no suction.

dillon

Why would my bail a matic not be working? Impeller is in great shape and the water tube into the top impeller housing is sealed, I actually sealed it with another type of water pump tube insert because I thought that was the problem. Can't figure it out. Motor impeller pumps fine. The top impeller housing where the screw is should be open to the impeller correct? Because you can see the impeller, I would imagine that is where the bail water comes out and joins the exaust. Any input on this would be much appreciated. Thanks, dillon

Yes, before install I could see the upper impeller turning in the housing through the opening where the screw goes into the housing. Impellers are also in good shape.

If the tube is going to the nipple on the side of the motor it should be working. Those do not pump a great amount of water only rated at 150 gph tops. Also replace the impellers they are available new. Are the orings on the stainless plate that seperates the pumps.

You know I'm not sure if there were o-rings on it when I replaced the impellers, maybe not, I'll have to check that out, 2 o-rings? I don't see o-rings in the manual diagram. Thanks

Last edited:
Back