Logo

Question about an in-line filter on a pressure tank?

Rook66

Regular Contributor
If you look closely at this photo there's an in-line filter in the gas line on this pressure tank that someone has installed. Will that work? Or does the filter break the flow in the hose. It probably works but it's one of those things that if I were to do it there would be a problem.

CalxJaH.jpg

There should be a strainer screen inside the tank.-----And most had a ceramic filter and sediment bowl on the carburetor.----So what motor is it on.-----Seems like overkill to me !!

This is the tank screen...extremely fine mesh. It’s possible the screen was removed and the inline filter was a compensation. The BB in the photo is for size comparison.

The fine mesh on the pickup tube is all you really need, however, we are not sure it's still there, or in decent condition. I love these babies, you can open them up and get your hand inside the tank to clean. Now THATS engineering.

Now THATS engineering, boys. 60 years later. Let me get you a photo of a 2018 plastic tank screen. I got a plastic recycling pile in front of my shop. 3 years out on the pontoon boat and their trash.

Last edited:
The '59 was the Golden Anniversary Edition. I have one, sweet, sweet motor. Got the whole set. 3, 5.5, 7.5, 10, 18. All running and with original fuel tanks. When I check out, Raquels gonna have quite the auction.

Last edited:
Back