Logo

Charge battery off 2017 15hp 2 stroke

Buck93

Hey guys,

I've recently purchased my first outboard, a 2017 15hp 2 stroke. I'm looking to hook up a battery for some lights, wondering if anyone can tell me what i need to set it up to charge.

Thanks in advanced

Try used parts, Tim's Outboard 218 682 2331 or Outboard Recyclers 952 894 4888. Both here in MN. Kind of uncommon parts.

Sorry, are you sure it's a "2017 2 stroke", Merc last marketed a 15 horse 2 stroke in 2005 in the US and 2012 in the international markets. It's possible one was laying around and sold as a "brand new, in 2017" but it would not have been produced in 2017.

So if you can clarify what exactly you have (serial number would help), someone can probably list the parts you might need.

Better check again...…..
2017 Mercury Marine® TwoStroke 15 hp Super
15super.jpg[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

[h=3]2017 Mercury Marine® TwoStroke 15 hp Super[/h]
Mercury's proven TwoStroke engines deliver easy starting, gutsy performance, and great all-round reliability. Across the range you’ll find an array of features that help keep your boating experiences more enjoyable and trouble-free. Features such as largest engine capacity displacement, giving you more low-end thrust, advanced carburettor design and fully-regulated, high output alternators powering all your marine electronics will ensure absolute boating excellence.Whether you're a fisherman, a yachtie or looking to run a smaller leisure vessel - Mercury's range of portable TwoStrokes provide the power that can go anywhere and keep on going.Mercury's proven TwoStroke engines deliver easy starting, gutsy performance, and great all-round reliability. Across the range you’ll find an array of features that help keep your boating experiences more enjoyable and trouble-free. Features such as largest engine capacity displacement, giving you more low-end thrust, advanced carburettor design and fully-regulated, high output alternators powering all your marine electronics will ensure absolute boating excellence.Highly Efficient Pocket Dynamos.Dependable and Reliable.
Calculate your fuel savings
  • The Mercury Fuel Savings Calculator will allow you to easily calculate the possible fuel savings of a Mercury FourStroke outboard!

• Choose how you use your boat, select the TwoStroke and FourStroke horsepower - and our tool will show your potential fuel savings. If you're looking to upgrade or add more power, you can even choose different FourStroke and TwoStroke horsepower options!
8hp - 9.9hp
  • Starting at just 26 kg (57lbs), Mercury’s 9.9hp TwoStroke is the lightest on the market, making it easy to lift and carry.

• The small package size of this outboard family makes it easier to handle and leaves more room for gear and people in vehicles.

• Loop charge combustion delivers better fuel economy allowing boaters to run longer and further on every tank of gas.

• Through-prop exhaust reduces engine noise for a quieter and more enjoyable boating experience.

• Mercury’s industry-leading anti-corrosion protection provides ease of mind and extends the life of the engine.

• Starting and operating the outboard is intuitive and easy so boaters can control their boat with confidence.
15hp, 15hp Super
  • Easy to handle with conveniently located carrying handles and grips.

• Powerful, with proven reliability around the world.

• Easy starting with modular electronic CD ignition.

Back