Logo

cylinder head oring replacement

thanks so much for the info. sorry I haven't replied been sick the last few days but I think the O-rings go in the head not the block I will check as soon as I feel better again thank you and I will let you know

?---Why do you think the O-rings go in the cylinder head ?-----I say that because the page from the manual says to install the O-rings in the block !

Last edited:
thanks for the help. just saying the manual is wrong. and doesn't help much with 115hp fitch motor. have a nice day

Right, Mr. Jeb, I'm agreeing with YOU and not that fool manual. When mating 2 parts like in this case, you always put the seal in the part that is milled out, otherwise it becomes impossible to effectively locate your seal.

Last edited:
i under stand. what I am saying is it seems almost imposable to find any good information on this .. it is 2001 115hp fitch Evinrude tried talking to Evinrude they were no help at all then I bought a seloc manual very little useful info.at all. this been a great engine just frustrated with lack of info. thanks to you guys got it back together runs great thanks for the help

Good job, Mr. Jeb. Information can be hard to obtain at times, of course, and sometimes we have to gather what we can, sort everything out. Put the most reasonable solution into our minds, then just try it. If that doesn't work ask Joer, Racer, Pappy, or any of our other experienced guys here on the forum. I-boats has some great techs too. With the complexity and engineering in today's world, the average boat owner can easily be taken advantage of. Take care. Tim

Last edited:
Back