Logo

2003 Honda BF90 high temp alarm

Jay_Tassone

Hello,

I am new to this board and desperately need some help. I have a 2003 Honda BF90 that has high temp alarm.

Some History

My son and I heading back to the boat ramp running full throttle and temp alarm went off.
We made it back to the dock in limp mode and when I got home I ordered and replace
Temp switch assembly.

Next weekend boat ran great and no temp alarms, but due to old fuel tubing we had several
Leaks. I replaced fuel tubing and went out this weekend thinking all was good to go finally.

My wife drive 1.5 hrs and launched the boat and unable to leave the dock. Engine had another
High temp alarm and tell take stream had good pressure and cool to the touch.

I have ordered new impeller ,thermostat and popper valves/springs to cover all the bases.

I will install these but I feel that this will not correct the issue. I am looking for help as leaning
Towards electrical issue. The boat has Honda controls with panel that has less for oil and temp
Leds.

I don't recall the buzzer/alarm going off even though the RED light was lite and boat in limp
Mode.

Any help would be appreciated,

Regards,

Jay and Robyn Tassone

How about check the true operating temp with an infrared. They are cheap, handy, and lots of fun. Sounds like a 737 type problem.

What did you do to fix the issue? I am having a similar problem. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I am new to this board and desperately need some help. I have a 2003 Honda BF90 that has high temp alarm.

Some History

My son and I heading back to the boat ramp running full throttle and temp alarm went off.
We made it back to the dock in limp mode and when I got home I ordered and replace
Temp switch assembly.

Next weekend boat ran great and no temp alarms, but due to old fuel tubing we had several
Leaks. I replaced fuel tubing and went out this weekend thinking all was good to go finally.

My wife drive 1.5 hrs and launched the boat and unable to leave the dock. Engine had another
High temp alarm and tell take stream had good pressure and cool to the touch.

I have ordered new impeller ,thermostat and popper valves/springs to cover all the bases.

I will install these but I feel that this will not correct the issue. I am looking for help as leaning
Towards electrical issue. The boat has Honda controls with panel that has less for oil and temp
Leds.

I don't recall the buzzer/alarm going off even though the RED light was lite and boat in limp
Mode.

Any help would be appreciated,

Regards,

Jay and Robyn Tassone

Back